공지사항

[2022.10.07.] 한국유학장학생 졸업 수기 - Sude Surenoglu

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 관리자
댓글 0건 조회 1,142회 작성일 22-10-07 10:09

본문

[Sude Surenoglu - 한국외국어대학교, 국제관계학석사] 

1. What is the most memorable thing about staying in Korea?

Because I've been in Korea for almost three years, it's hard to pick a memorable moment. I went to the Korean War Memorial on 6/25, maybe that is one of my most memorable moments as it was very emotional and meaningful to me, being able to learn more about the war history and thinking about the life my grandfather lived during the war.

2. What do you think you learned in Korea?

I think I learned greater independence and how to be strong during my time in South Korea. My aunt passed away from cancer when I first started my language program for the scholarship. I remember being so sad about it because I wanted to hear more stories from her about my war veteran grandfather. Then a few months later on September 10th, 2020, my father suddenly passed away while I had entered my graduate school, and I constantly felt like giving up and going home, but I would think about how proud my dad would be for studying for the country his dad -- my grandfather -- fought for. I had a talk with one of my professors and he helped me with possibly preparing for me to go home temporarily, but in the end I decided to fight through my struggles and stay in Korea without going home. I think this hardship while being abroad really did help me grow, but the fact that I was studying in the place my grandfather himself volunteered to fight for, made it even more meaningful for me.

3. What are your plans after graduation?

My plans totally changed after my dad passed away. My plan was to stay in Korea and get a job, as I thought I would have better opportunities here. But after my dad's passing, my mom really needs me to go back to the US for her, so my plan is moving back to the US and finding a job there. When everything is settled down in my life, I may consider coming back to Korea and finding a job within my field.

4. Lastly, is there anything you want to say to KWMF?

Thank you for deeply caring about the Korean war veterans and their descendants. Because of this scholarship, I was able to have different experiences and meet new people from all over the world. I think many of us on the scholarship also learned a lot about our own veteran family members.

[국문 요약]

- 한국에서 가장 기억에 남는 것은?

625일 한국전쟁기념관에 방문한 것이 가장 기억에 남는다. 이 경험을 통해 전쟁의 역사와 할아버지의 참전에 대하여 생각해보는 의미 있는 경험이었다.

- 한국에서 배운 것은 무엇인가?

한국에서 독립심을 키울 수 있었다. 한국에서 공부하는 동안의 할머니와 아버지의 사망 소식은 나를 힘들게 했지만, 한국의 여러 교수님들의 도움과 한국전쟁에 참전하셨던 할아버지를 생각하며 이를 이겨낼 수 있었다.

- 졸업 후의 계획은?

한국에 정착하고 살아가고자 하였다. 그러나 아버지의 사망 이후 어머님께 도움을 드리기 위해 귀국하여 본국에서 새로운 인생을 살아가고자 한다. 조금 안정된 후 다시 한국으로 돌아오고자 한다.

- 한국전쟁기념재단에 하고 싶은 말은?

한국전쟁기념재단으로부터 받은 도움 덕분에 한국에서 많은 것을 배웠고 많은 것을 경험할 수 있었다. 이 모든 것에 감사드린다.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Total 48건 1 페이지
  • RSS
공지사항 목록
번호 제목 글쓴이 조회 날짜
48 관리자 108 02-20
47 관리자 114 02-13
46 관리자 181 12-27
45 관리자 249 11-10
44 관리자 398 10-27
43 관리자 424 10-27